The industry experts from one of the best student visa, IELTS, GRE and GMAT training institutes Chandigarh/Punjab, Raffles Educity share with us the secret to success for acing the much-coveted Graduate Management Admission Test.
The Graduate Management Admission Test often renowned as GMAT is the gateway for being a part of world-class business management programs (MBA) across the globe. The test aims to measure the critical thinking ability of the applicants under four sections which includes Analytical Written Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative ability which includes data sufficiency and problem sufficiency, and Verbal ability which includes critical reasoning, sentence correction and reading comprehension.
According to a survey conducted by Kaplan Test Prep, this three and a half hour standardized test continues to be the first choice amongst MBA aspirants. So, for all of you who wish to hone your expertise in management by pursuing an MBA degree from overseas, we reveal the success mantra to ace the test and pave the way to your dream college!
- Invest sufficient time: It is recommended that you start preparing for the GMAT exam at least six months prior. According to the experts from Raffles Educity, GMAT requires a minimum of eight-week study timeline in order to be well-equipped with the four sections of the exam. In addition to that, it is also suggested to practice pacing and time management which is really critical for scoring high in GMAT.
- Perform a SWOT analysis: In order to lay a strong foundation stone in GMAT, it is imperative to be self-aware about your strengths and weaknesses. So, perform a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats analysis for each section to allocate your preparation time effective and efficiently.
- Read, write and watch!: The verbal and analytical section of GMAT majorly focuses on measuring the fluency of the student in English and the key to be being well-prepared for the same lies in reading, writing and listening. Stay abreast with the latest happenings around the globe by regularly reading English newspapers, putting your thoughts & opinions into words and watching English channels & shows to improve your listening ability.
- Brush-up your basics: The quantitative section of GMAT will test your mathematics skills in terms of algebra, arithmetic and geometry. Most of the students often try to hop on the intermediate level before reaching excellence in the beginners’ level. So, always make sure that you have your roots deep into the basics of mathematics before diving into the intermediate or advanced level.
- Practice, practice and practice: The best way to prepare for the GMAT exam is to practice the online GMAT preparation material and take the GMAT preparation mock test. The test will help you get a real picture of the exam and understand your level of preparation. As a rule of thumb, review your mistakes, aim for accuracy and prepare further accordingly.
Pro Tip: Start with attempting what you are best at. It will not only help you boost your confidence but will also help you manage your time and effort.
For more information on cracking GMAT test, get in touch with the best in the region – Raffles Educity, GMAT coaching institute in Chandigarh providing all kinds of study abroad services. Call on our toll-free number – +919914219000.”