Be it personal or professional, one of the hardest things to face in life is ‘Rejection’. However, when this dreaded word hits you at a tender age of your student life, it’s really one of the most difficult things to go through.
Often getting a refusal from your favorite college or university, or worse case, a student visa rejection for the purpose of studying abroad, especially to those students who were genuine enough, is difficult to accept and make terms with. However, if one gets to know the exact student-visa rejection reasons, one can pinpoint as to where one’s profile – either financial, academic or otherwise was lacking and can thus, improvise on the same.
But here’s a good news! We at Raffles Educity – one of the most trusted immigration consultants in Chandigarh and Punjab – have already jotted down all the possible student-visa rejection reasons. Read them below:
- Insufficient Documents: Make sure to carry all the important documents at the time of submission of your visa application. Get guidance from immigration and study visa experts to avoid any mistakes here.
- Financial stability: One of the major reasons behind student visa rejection is that the authorities may find that you are not financially sound and won’t be able to support yourself while studying in Canada. You need to show that you can arrange a sufficient amount of funds for the tuition fees and to support you till the time you are staying there.
- Lack of ties with home country: The authorities have to be convinced that your intention of going abroad is purely for studying purposes and not to stay there permanently or work outside the allowed time. For that you need to show them that you have enough strong ties in your home country to make you come back here. You can do that with the support of appropriate documents like house property etc. You can extend your visa by following the due process. However, at the time of the visa interview, you need to convince the visa officer that you are not going to settle there permanently.
- Academic performance: You must have the adequate credits as mentioned by the educational institution that you’re applying in. As you are applying for a Student Visa, you need to have adequate academic score to get the visa approval.
- Letter of acceptance: In order to apply for a valid study permit, you need to prove that you received a letter of acceptance from a registered Canadian educational institution. Apart from this, the candidate should also meet all the requirements for the program you applied.
- IELTS or Any other relevant exam score: Whether you are going under the SDS program, PNP or SPP program, you need the minimum IELTS or TOEFL Score to prove language proficiency. If your applying for a Canadian institution, you should also know the SPP and non SPP visa requirements to study in Canada.
- Drastic Change in Course Selection: If the course that you have selected to study for in a foreign university is in total contrast with your past educational background or work experience then you can be questioned on this. In this case, you should be able to explain why you are changing your field of study.
- Some handy tips to avoid Student Visa Rejection:
- Make sure you have at-least one-year tuition fee and living expenses to support yourself with all the proof of funds.
- All the documents should be arranged properly to avoid student visa rejection.
- Write a convincing SOP without any grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors. Don’t write irrelevant details in your SOP (more on this, in the next blogs!)
- All the claims in your applications and SOP should be justified with a relevant certificate.
- Do not fake your work experience. Explain any gap in your resume with honest yet convincing answers.
- IELTS score should be more than 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.
- Finally, don’t forget to get in touch with Raffles Educity before applying for a student visa to avoid any rejections. Call us today on our toll-free no.: +919914219000 for any queries. We shall be more than glad to help you!”